Professional Executive (ICT - Cybersecurity)
The Professional Executive (PE) (ICT - Cybersecurity) will operate independently and collaborate with
technical teams and other stakeholders to ensure that the Company’s ICT infrastructure is protected
from cyber-attacks. The PE (ICT - Cybersecurity) will be expected to assess existing systems for
vulnerabilities and implement technical solutions to address any weaknesses. The PE (ICT -
Cybersecurity) will also be required to carry out ongoing monitoring of operations to identify and
investigate cyber-risks in an efficient and effective manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Critically assess the existing ICT portfolio (software systems, infrastructure and processes) to identify
risks and make recommendations to increase the level of security and resilience of the Company’s
LAN, WAN and Cloud environments.
- Prepare and maintain an ongoing programme of security improvement initiatives with regular
reporting on project status and deliverables.
- Guide technical teams on the sourcing of new systems (software/hardware) to ensure new systems
have adequate protection. This applies to providing guidance on tendering specifications as well as
technical guidance for systems developed in-house within the Company.
- Liaise with technical teams to design, implement and maintain ICT network security infrastructure
with solutions such as firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, failover solutions and data
- Monitor on-going operations using all available security tools to identify and investigate any actual
or potential information security incidents and make recommendations of appropriate solutions to
eliminate or mitigate their potential effects.
- Maintain a detailed log on all identified incidents and actions taken.
- Instil and nurture a cybersecurity awareness culture within the Company through regular
communication campaigns and deliver focused training courses across all levels of the organisation.
- Perform ad-hoc general and targeted phishing campaigns throughout the Company’s network in a
systematic manner to gauge the effectiveness of user awareness initiatives.
- Maintain, configure and administer the Company’s cybersecurity tools which includes but is not
limited to monitoring software, applications software and other network-related equipment.
- Actively protect information technology assets and infrastructure from external or internal threats
by carrying out vulnerability assessment on ICT devices and networks to ensure compliance with
statutory and regulatory requirements regarding information access, security and privacy.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and policies related to cybersecurity.
- Liaise with subcontractors and third parties related to the deployment of security systems.
- Liaise with ICT teams within the Company to develop, implement and test security systems.
- Liaise with the DPO on data loss prevention.
- Keep updated on industry trends and developments on cybersecurity and evaluate new
technologies (software and hardware) to improve the Company’s cybersecurity and make
- Performs any other post-related duties as assigned by the Divisional Manager ICT or his/her
Knowledge & Skills:
- Deep understanding of network protocols (Http, Ftp, SMB, SSH).
- Deep understanding of encryption algorithms, certificates and encryption keys.
- Good knowledge of Windows and Linux environments.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent writing and technical authoring skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Qualification & Work Experience:
The PE (ICT - Cybersecurity) must have an ICT-related Bachelor’s degree at MQF Level 6 and at least
three (3) years of related work experience.
Interested candidates are to send a copy of their CV via email to email@example.com
By sending your CV you are giving us your consent to store your personal data and also to share it with our clients for recruitment purposes.