One of our clients is searching for an analytical, enthusiastic auto mechanic to help their clients resolve issues with vehicle performance and appearance. The Auto Mechanic will speak to clients about the performance and history of their vehicles, inspect mechanical and electronic components, diagnose issues, and discuss possible resolutions with clients. You will also maintain shop equipment and generate estimates and timelines for repairs.
To be a successful auto mechanic, you should be focused on providing high-quality service to clients as you help them identify, repair, and avert issues that may affect the performance or longevity of their vehicles. You should be thorough, reliable, honest, logical, and motivated.
Auto Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Inspect vehicle engine
- Working with the manager and other mechanics to diagnose and repair the mechanical and electrical components of vehicles.
- Listening to clients to learn more about vehicle history, potential problems, and the services they would like to receive.
- Performing test drivers, inspections, and other diagnostic tests on vehicles to identify where problems exist and determine which parts need to be repaired or replaced.
- Completing preventative maintenance on vehicles, such as performing oil changes, flushing, and replacing fluids, and replacing brakes.
- Repairing damage to the body of the vehicle and washing and painting the vehicle’s exterior.
- Generating timelines and estimates for repairs and discussing options with clients.
- Inspecting internal systems and controls to ensure the vehicle is operating properly and in compliance with state regulations.
- Maintaining accurate records relating to clients, their vehicles, parts, and service history.
- Using shop equipment as instructed, performing regular maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Engaging in learning opportunities to update job knowledge and technical skills.
- Act as an advisor and give useful advice for car maintenance
- Offer our products and services
- Diagnose issues timely and accurately
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as an auto mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and electronic components of vehicles
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
- Ability to handle various tools (e.g. pliers) and heavy equipment (e.g. lift)
- Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protection against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals etc.
- Excellent physical condition
- A high school diploma is preferred; Certification from a vocational school or completion of an apprenticeship is preferred
Interested candidates are to send a copy of their CV via email to email@example.com
By sending your CV you are giving us your consent to store your personal data and also to share it with our clients for recruitment purposes.